Don’t get me wrong: I love makeup. But I have a confession to make…good skincare is even more important! There’s so much you can do with makeup, but it can only cover up so much. If the canvas isn’t smooth, the painting’s not going to be either.
That’s why I’m so glad a friend recently introduced me to Sanitas skincare. I’ve found some new staples for my skincare routine for good.
Sanitas Solar Block is a healthy sunblock (not a chemical sunscreen), so I feel better about putting it on my face. Instead of chemicals absorbing into my skin, Solar Block soothes redness with zinc and vitamins as it provides a strong layer of protection from the sun. I’m very fair-skinned, so I know how important a good sunblock is. My favorite things about Solar Block are:
- The smell. It doesn’t smell like sunblock. After all, that traditional “sunblock smell” is only appealing on the beach or at the pool. Solar Block just smells light and fresh.
- The texture. It just smooths right on. I can actually tell that it visibly smooths the surface and texture of my skin and pores. It nearly acts as a primer for foundation.
- The protection. It really does protect my fair skin. I wear it under my makeup every day, and as long as I’m not intentionally laying out in the sun and it’s a normal day, I never have to reapply. I haven’t tested it yet, but I’ll bet that even if I did lay out at 3pm (after applying in the am) I would be just fine. I applied it to my arms and chest this past sunny Sunday, and after sitting outside at a restaurant and walking on the bike path – not a bit of sunburn, or even redness!
It’s also oil-free and instead of clogging pores, it’s good for your skin. Sanitas Solar Block is definitely a lifetime product. Find more info on Solar Block here.
Sanitas Lemon Cream Scrub is another one of my new favorites. The number one most forgotten part of a good skincare routine is exfoliation. I’ve realized that I need to manually exfoliate at least two to three times a week to really maintain clear pores and a smooth texture. What I love most about Sanitas’ Lemon Cream Scrub is:
- The smell. It’s delicious! Yum…
- The texture. Its granules do the job, but they do it without scratching and damaging the skin. It’s milky and smooth. Most scrubs are too abrasive, and the unsymmetrical grains can scratch the skin and create the perfect environment for infections, bacteria, and acne.
As far as I’m concerned, Sanitas Lemon Cream Scrub is the perfect scrub. Find more info on Lemon Cream Scrub here.
- The benefits. This potent glycolic acid toner chemically exfoliates the skin, basically telling the dead skin cells to scoot and the new ones to emerge. It also helps to decrease pore size and blackheads by cleaning out the gunk. Glycolic acid is also a great preventative weapon against fine lines and wrinkles.
I use Glycotoner 5% a few times a week, and when I feel like my whole face doesn’t need it, I’ll just use a Q-Tip to treat my nose, between my eyebrows, and my chin area. Find more info on Glycotoner 5% here.
I assure you, there will be more wonderful Sanitas reviews to come! It’s such a great skincare line, and I love that it’s all-natural and made in Boulder, Colorado. Check out the full line at http://www.sanitas-skincare.com, and find Sanitas near you.